Monday, April 22, 2013

Baby love!

I'm in babylove.
I have a baby and he's aaaaaaall mine.
Metaphorically speaking of course..
James also calls dibs.

I've heard a lot of people say "just wait until he can actually respond to you." Or "It gets soo much better after 4 or 5 months." Or even "Newborns are boring, but it gets better."

People these days. Haven't you ever heard of finding joy in the journey?
Well, the thing is, I don't even have to find it. It freakin finds me, I'm so joyful.

I love watching him get taller.
I love seeing his belly acquire more chubs.
I love noticing his leg rolls get juicier.
I love watching him blink. I really do.
I love the shapes his mouth makes.
I love it when his nostrils flare.
I love it when he stretches I can pick him up and he keeps the stretching position midair, with his legs curled under him, his lil' booty sticking out, and his arms stretched out like Superman.
I love his Grandpa face.
I love having staring contests with him.
I love his toothy {toothless} grin.
I love that he farts like a man.
I love his laugh. (Which has only been in his sleep and sounds like rapid, loud intakes of breath, with a open-mouth smile of course.
I love it when he places his tiny hand on my chest or arm.
I love that he LOVES hot showers.
I love his buttcrack. I really do.
I love his coos.
I love watching him stretch out his feet and toes. Yes, he stretches out his toes.
I love that the only dominant feature of mine he has... Are my eyebrows.

Now... Does ANY of that sound boring to you? I think.....definitely not.
Get a load of this character:














2 comments:

  1. ohmygosh!! He's unbelievably ADORABLE!! I can't wait to snuggle that little man. I call dibs the second you get here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me (Mom) first!!

    ReplyDelete