Thursday, November 29, 2012

Boise and other adventures.

I'm sick of adventures.
I'm ready for some nice, calm, peaceful, old-fashioned predictability.
The last six months have been a whirlwind of change.

  • No more school.
  • Found out we're having a baby the same day James lost his steady job.
  • New job in Boise.
  • Going back and forth from Boise and Rexburg (5 hour drive.. not some easy feat.)
  • Balancing the thought of getting an apartment here in Boise or waiting for James to get a new job.
^^ That's a funny one there. James applies and has applied to so many jobs that we both feel like a new job offer is right around the corner. But we've been crossing our fingers for about five months now. A little discouraging sometimes?...Maybe.

So here we are in Boise. In a constant stand-still. I try to count my many blessings every day as I sit here and.. wait. And wonder. Will the baby have a nursery? Will we really be in Boise for longer than we hope? How long is it going to be till we are back on our feet? And why.. oh why.. are we here? Why can't we just sell all our stuff, move our butts to AZ, live with my parents, and James's job can be hunting for one every day. That actually sounds wayyyy more peachy to me than our situation right now.
{sound good Mom and Dad?} ;)

Moral of the story: Kids, don't go to college. Clearly it's a waste of time.
Just kidding. I'm just sad right now.

On a happier note, I love being pregnant! I'm exiting the easy second trimester, and starting to merge into the not-so-pleasant third (and last!) trimester. My back is starting to hurt more and more, the areas surrounding my growing tummy are getting more sore, I'm itchy, and I get an uncomfortable, upset stomach randomly. Food is still as tasty as ever though. I thoroughly enjoy cereal (specifically cinnamon Life, Oatmeal Crisp, and Honey Bunches of Oats. Which, in my opinion, aren't the most unhealthy cereals to be craving.), Costco muffins, and whatever dinner meal that comes my way.

I'm 25 weeks now but I don't have an up to date picture. Here's a pic from a couple weeks ago.


P.s. My boobs look really small but trust me... they are NOT.

The day before Halloween, James and I went to a cute lil' pumpkin farm that was close to where we are staying. They had a giant corn maze, hay rides, delicous food, a petting zoo and other various activites. We just went for the hay ride and delicious food :)





In random celebration of my halfway 20 week mark, we went to see a movie and went to a restaurant that I picked. It's called Bar Gernika and I found it because it had been on Diners, Drive In's, and Dives, so it had to be good.. right? Semi-right. I had a lamb dip and James had a pimento pork sandwich. Both were just alright but the rrrrreal goodness were these little croquettas. I'm still not sure what exactly they were but they tasted like battered, deep-fried balls of seasoned mashed potatoes. May not sound very good, but trust me, they were delicious.




Another night, we went to Cost Plus World Market, just to look around. I love that place. And i've passed that love onto James. I need to take a picture of the giraffe mug I got sometime cause it is to  DIE for. 




So James and I were sitting in Sacrament meeting and all of a sudden I spot this boy, a few rows up, that has an uncanny resemblance to Wyatt.



Eh, eh? What do you think Rachael? It was creepy. So James took a couple pictures while the little girls next to us looked at us like we were a bunch of creeps.

Here's little Paris (the Wright's granddaughter) that I was holding during Sunday School. She's the cutest thing.



Well that's all folks.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE.

    I REALLY (really, really, really, really) wish you would blog more. It's my way of knowing how you're doing, since I don't get to talk to you every day...and then I get to know about all the random, cute things you guys do too!! I mean, think of if this way...what would you do if I didn't blog all the time?? Let's say I stop blogging and only do a post once every 6 months, then what??? YEAH. BLOG MORE. I don't care about what. ANYTHING. EVERYTHING. RANDOM THINGS. I like it all.

    Whew.

    anyway...WYATT HAS THAT SWEATER!!! And that's why he looks so much like Wyatt ;)

    I miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see that mug!

    I'm glad I randomly checked your blog today b/c we really didn't get to spend enough time with you on Tgiving. But no worries b/c Christmas is right around the corner! Take care and hey, I wanna hear if you guys find an apt. sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete