Monday, December 17, 2012

ThUs.

Let me start by giving an update of the last week or so.
Last Saturday morning we made the drive from Boise to Rexburg. James had to pull some strings with his company so they would let him work from home for the following week so that we could pack up all of our stuff at our apartment and move it to Boise.
So this last whole week we've been cleaning and packing. It's amazing how much stuff we have! 20 boxes and 15 garbage bags later.. I'm exhausted. Not to mention the deep cleaning! Every nook and cranny dusted and wiped down, every surface scrubbed and some serious chemicals floating around in the air.
Speaking of which... I know this may sound strange.. but I find myself LOviNg the smell of cleaning supplies. I inhale those chemicals with pleasure, people. When really I should be wearing some sort of mask to avoid those toxic fumes. Mmm, but those lemon scented clorox wipes... the blue pine-sol that smells like laundry detergent.. the foaming bathtub cleaner that saturates my nostrils with artificial lemon smell.. and the best, most embarrassing, one... the febreze-scented trash bags that smell like, you guessed it, lemon.
Oh well. My baby's gonna be defected because momma loves her lemony fresh.

We found out on Friday that we couldn't move into our new apartment until Wednesday, when originally we thought we could move in on Saturday. Apparently the previous tenants had completely trashed the place and the managers were replacing the carpet, the bathtub, repainting the kitchen and the upstairs, and redoing the kitchen countertop. This is good/bad news. Awesome news because the complex is pretty old and when we saw what the apartments looked like we thought it looked a little, little, ghetto. Idaho ghetto. Not Arizona ghetto. {shout out to Rachael, who knew exactly what I meant} So with the news that the carpet was being replaced and not just cleaned, and that we would get a new paint job.. we were happy campers and will be living in probably one of the nicest apartments in the complex. Plus, we're paying over $50 less for rent every month than we were at our last place. Aside from that, we're just praying that they won't keep pushing back the move-in date cause we're leaving Friday morning for Christmas in Ohio. And there's no way we can keep the moving truck for another week and a half at $40 a day..

Anyway, now we're back at the lovely Wrights' home for a couple of days. We love being with them and they seem to love being with us. They're extremely generous and are a very loving people. I feel like I haven't portrayed them enough to my family. Their names are Dru and Bridgette Wright, they have four sons, ranging from the ages of 29 to 18. The eldest is married to a lovely gal named Jenna and they one adorable daughter that is almost exactly Logan's age. Dru is a lot like dad in that he has a silly sense of humor and thinks he's funny ;) Bridgette is so genuinely sweet and nice and is always fussing over me to make sure I had enough to eat and that I'm warm enough. She's always doing things for other people. They ordered a cake from their favorite bakery for our anniversary for crying out loud. Just really thoughtful. James grew up in the same ward with them back in Ohio and they love to swap memories. Here's some pictures:

This is Dru and Bridgette with their youngest, Seth.
Obviously at Disneyworld.
So jealous.
P.s.- I know she looks like she could be in her early thirty's but she's almost fifty.
I know.

This picture is a couple years old. Zac, the one holding the dog, is James's age.



I'm loving this glorious holiday season!! A great thing about staying with an established family is they celebrate Christmas like I'm familiar with! Putting up and decorating the tree, playing Christmas music whenever possible, watching Christmas classics, and lots of cookie baking. It makes me a little less homesick.

I'm happy to say that James and I are getting back on our feet financially. It's a real blessing to be able to pay monthly bills without being in the hole or having to borrow money. We're really grateful. Perfect timing too! The Lord has a plan.

Well, that's all for now! I miss my family in Arizona dearly and I'm always believing confidently that we will make it back there one day.

Oh wait. I just realized I forgot to do a baby update. Especially cause if I don't, Rachael will find a way to kill me from a thousand miles away.
So. I had my last doctor's appointment in Rexburg on Thursday and I am diabetes-free!! Yay. Everything's looking good and healthy. Even though I've gained thirty pounds already?? That's just weird to me I guess. But anyway. My bump is getting bigger and HOLY cow-- he moves sooooo so much! I can feel his every move it seems like. It always astonishes me. I just stop what I'm doing and concentrate on feeling his movements. It's so cool. And I'm proud to say that I'm pretty sure he knows whether it's my hand or someone else's hand. He seems to know, anyway. Cause he looooves bumping my hand to say hello :)

1 comment:

  1. 'Dru is a lot like dad in that he has a silly sense of humor and thinks he's funny ;)'.


    Yeah, well the thing is .... I am funny!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete